Quick summary of Storyhunter platform rules of conduct as they relate to finding freelancers for your next project:
What you should do:
- Familiarize yourself with Storyhunter’s Terms of Service, Service Fees and Billing Terms before replying to any of the freelancer proposals
- Keep key communication pertaining to the project details and deliverables on the platform to create a ‘paper trail’
- Always keep contracts and payments on the platform and notify our Support Team of any violations: Support@Storyhunter.com
What you should never do:
- Members of the Storyhunter community may not submit proposals or solicit parties discovered through Storyhunter to contract or pay outside of Storyhunter. Violators will be removed from the platform.
Rules of engagement:
- Some projects do require in-person communication such as a meeting or a phone call. Remember if during the phone call you discussed some major changes in the project description, requirements or deliverables, please make sure they are documented on Storyhunter’s messaging board and reflected in the Posting description.
Why go through Storyhunter?
We know working with freelancers requires trust and confidence. That’s why if the freelancer you are talking with doesn’t work out for some reason, we will do our best to find you a suitable replacement.
We pride ourselves on offering dedicated and personal customer service to all Storyhunter clients. Any questions about production, urgent issues, recommendations - we are here to help to make your experience the best it can possibly be.
Our payments features save time and effort for clients. Once your billing information is updated and the project is marked ‘complete’, you won’t have to worry about anything. Your freelancer will be paid no matter where in the world they are.
Lastly, it may be just one project for you today, but the business world is rapidly moving towards “always-on communication module”. The new story economy will demand constant content production so having on-demand access to 60+ creative services provided by 40,000 qualified freelancers can be a very powerful resource going forward. Start building your agile workforce today. Build your own rolodex of the best freelancers, share with other teams in your company, and be the force of innovation.
What happens if I decide to go around Storyhunter: contract and payments?
Disintermediation is serious: you will be violating our Terms and Conditions which will potentially result in permanent termination.
What should you do if you suspect a freelancer is trying to take the business off the platform?
There are several ways to go about it. First of all, you should try to resolve it one on one with the freelancer. We created this Help article to outline how the freelancer community benefits from keeping business transactions within the Storyhunter platform here.If you suspect that the freelancer is abusing Storyhunter’s Terms and Conditions, reach out to our support team at Support@storyhunter.com. We will do our best to tactfully resolve this with the freelancer and bring them back on the right path.