In order to receive your earnings on Storyhunter, you need to set up a payout method. A payout method specifies where to send your payment. As part of the setup, we require additional personal information to comply with government regulations.
How to setup your payout method
- Log into Storyhunter and click the profile picture at the top right of your screen
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Payout"
- Click “Add a Payout Method”
- Input your country of residence to receive a list of available payout methods
- Click “Select” next to your preferred payout method
- Confirm your personal information
- Fill out the information required to complete payout setup
- Confirm payout method by hitting “Select”
Ensure you are entering correct information during your setup:
- We will use your provided personal information to confirm your identity. Incorrect information may lead to delays in your setup.
- We will use your provided account information to send your earnings. Incorrect information will prevent us from paying you.
- I’ve entered my account information, but still not have not received my payment. Why?
- If signing up for a wire/bank transfer, please note the currency listed for this method.
- Note for transfers to Turkey: be sure to submit the IBAN that corresponds with receiving the currency listed: if TRY is listed, input the IBAN or account number associated with receiving local currency.
- I’m entering my account number and receiving an error message. Why?
- Be sure to only input the amount of characters needed for each field. Do not leave spaces before, between, or after characters.
- GLOSSARY: I don’t have a routing/account number for my account. What do I input here?
- Glossary for field information:
- Bank Code = IBAN = Routing Number
- Transit Code = Routing Number
- Account Number = your unique identifier at bank
Changing or adding payout methods
You can have more than one payout method set up, but only one method selected as your active payout method. We will use your currently ‘Selected’ method when paying out any earnings.
To add additional payout methods, follow the same flow as described above.
To remove a no-longer needed payout method, select ‘Remove’ via the More (3-dot) button.
To select a different payout method, choose ‘Select’ from the More (3-dot) button.
When switching to a new payout method, we recommend keeping your previous payout method around until you have successfully received a payout on your new method.
Available payout methods
Current payout methods include:
- Bank Wire
- Bank Transfer
Select your country to view available payout methods in your location.
Fees & Timing
Transfers to your PayPal, Venmo, or Payoneer account are free to you, and usually appear in your account within a few hours.
Bank and wire transfers do incur a fee. If you are transferring money in a currency other than US Dollars, a foreign exchange fee is also applied. See the displayed info when adding a payout method. These payouts usually require an additional 1-3 business days before they arrive.
Please note there may be some additional fees out of our control:
- Paypal, Venmo, or Payoneer may charge fees for withdrawing money
- Your bank may charge fees for receiving wires
- Your bank may charge fees for converting currencies
Verifying your identity
In order to ensure compliance with payment industry regulations, verification may be required. Verification refers to the process of gathering data on an individual or business and ensuring the data is correct. Verification requirements depend on a number of factors including your location and the payout method you use.
If you selected Payoneer for payout, Payoneer may contact you for identity verification. For all other payout methods, we will notify you if needed. Please follow the provided instructions.
Depending on your location, that verification may include email address, proof of residence, a government issued photo ID, bank statement, or rental agreement.
We are not able to pay out any of your earnings while identity verification is pending.
Payments go out within 30 days of a project being marked complete by both you and your client. If the payment is expedited by your or your client it will be paid out within 3-5 business days.
You can use the Reports tab of your Storyhunter page to monitor upcoming payments. You can also track a project’s payment date by visiting the “Payment” tab of the project page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.