Storyhunter works hard to provide new and valuable opportunities for freelancers and production companies to manage and grow their businesses. Storyhunter charges on a sliding fee structure based on revenue with a specific client. Meaning, the more you earn from a specific client, the more money you make on subsequent projects after you cross certain earnings thresholds.
Project fees are calculated based on your lifetime revenue with a client:
- 15% if your lifetime revenue with a client is less than $1,000
- 10% if your lifetime revenue with a client is between $1,000 and$10,000
- 5% if you lifetime revenue with a client is $10,000 or more
- You have no previously completed projects with the client. A 15% fee applies to your first project with them.
- You have one or more previously completed projects with the client, with a total project value of less than $1000. A 15% fee applies on your next project with them.
- You have one or more previously completed projects with the client, with a total project value between $1,000 and $10,000. A 10% fee applies on your next project with them.
- You have one or more previously completed projects with the client, with a total project value of more than $10,000. A 5% fee applies on your next project with them.
- When starting a new project while having one or more currently active projects with the same client, the incomplete projects are not counted. Only completed projects are counted.
- When starting a new project, the price of the new project is not counted. Only completed projects are counted.
- Select Fees: For Select projects, an additional 5% Select fee will be charged. You can find more info on this here.
- Invited freelancers: If you have been invited to the Storyhunter platform by an existing client to facilitate payment and communication, no service fees will be applied for projects with that client.
If you have any questions about our fee structures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does Storyhunter charge fees?
We charge fees to maintain our operations, develop new features and support our sales team to find new jobs for freelancers around the world.
For some background, Storyhunter was founded by freelancer, for freelancers. We’re trying to solve the following challenges: finding new clients, developing trusting relationships with clients, working through paperwork with clients, finding new projects, pitching ideas to clients, building a global community and ensuring a timely and transparent payment process (often times outside of Storyhunter, freelancer can wait months to get paid from clients). We helped solve these problems by: creating freelancer profiles to showcase your work, building a verification system to add credibility to your portfolio, matching you directly with clients, creating a system that forces clients to be transparent and clear with their postings, building a direct and group messaging system, developing budgeting tools, and designing a payment system to pay you within 30 days and give you full transparency as to when you’ll get paid.
For clients, we also develop software, called a freelancer management system, that helps companies adopt to a freelancer model by providing project management tools, thus bringing more jobs to freelancers, like you. We’ve built accounting software that allows clients to manage their budgets, we streamline their invoicing process so we can pay freelancers within 30 days, we standardize their freelancer contracts so they can confidently hire freelancers quickly and easily, and we approach work to bring more clients into the ecosystem through our sales and marketing efforts.
All this, we hope, will provide you with a resource and a trusted partner to help you focus on doing the work you love, and let us deal with the boring stuff.