The Advances feature allows you to issue a payment instalment to a freelancer while projects are still ongoing. Advance payments are, by default, expedited to go out in 3-5 days for an additional processing fee but you can choose to opt out of that. Here are a few points of consideration around advances:
- They are charged to you the same way as project payments.
- There is no limit on the percentage of a project can be paid out as an advance. You can choose whether you’re advancing an amount for expenses or for project rates.
- Both you and the freelancer are able to initiate advances. Once an advance has been initiated, the other party must review and accept before it is sent out.
- If expedited, an additional service fee will be applied and it’s paid out to freelancers within ~3 business days. If not, advances will go out within 30 days.
How to Advance
1. On the project page, click “Pay advance.”
2. Fill in the required information
- Services provided
- Cost & story codes
- What you’re advancing and for how much
3. Review the final advance. You can expedite, or if you do not want to expedite click “Remove.” You can check the expenses box to advance expenses.
4. Click “Submit advance” and a notice will be sent to the freelancer to review!5. If you ever need to check what money has already been paid on a specific project then you can click on “Payment” tab within the project page.
Expedite Payment to Freelancer
Expedited payment can be selected while marking a project as complete. Scroll to the bottom of the project completion flow and hit Want to expedite payout to this freelancer?
You will see the associated fees as well as the estimated (expedited) payout date. Hit "Expedite Payment" to confirm. Then just work through the usual project completion workflow.
NOTE: The freelancer will have to confirm the project completion on their end to finalise the completion.
Expediting Payment on Completed Projects
You can also expedite payment on projects that you have already marked as complete.
Find the project in question, head to the Payment tab, and at the bottom hit Expedite Payment (next to the proposed current payment date).
A window will appear with the breakdown of fees and project payment date. Hit Expedite Payment and the payment will go out at the next payment date.
Reviewing Project Charges
You can review any and all charges in the "Payment" tab of a project page. This will also highlight when the freelancer can expect their payment.
If you are on invoice billing, you may find that you've reached the extent of your credit on Storyhunter. In those cases you just need to clear your balance owed to Storyhunter. Once you reach this limit, advances and expedited payments are restricted until you make the outstanding payments, and you will see this message when trying to process the payment:
Contact your account manager if you should require assistance.
Article is closed for comments.