For conflict zones or hostile environments, we require the freelancer to be insured. Please consult the Council for Foreign Relations conflict heatmap to determine if your project falls within a conflict zone. It is the Editor's responsibility to make sure the freelancer is covered if you commission in one of these countries.
If insurance is required then please follow these steps:
- Publisher should make sure they have listed “Expenses Negotiable” on the project / posting page (see how here).
- The freelancer should go to the World Nomad’s website and enter the details of their trip into the quote fields. Once filled in hit “Get a Quote”.
- Select the “Explorer Plan” coverage option. Price will vary dependent on the details you entered.
NOTE: Here are the main things that aren’t covered
- Personal liability while you’re working (including volunteer work);
- Working more than 5 metres above ground;
- Working offshore;
- Working underground in mines, caves, etc;
- Any on-going medical expenses once you return to your home country;
- Anything else that’s listed in the General Exclusions and section specific exclusions in the policy wording.
- The next page they need to fill in the requested details and continue to payment. World Nomad accepts MasterCard, VISA, and Amex.
- Once payment has gone through the freelancer should locate the confirmation email with the receipt. The receipt should be downloaded as a PDF.
- The freelancer now goes to the relevant project page on Storyhunter and adds the cost of the insurance as an expense. They also need to upload the receipt to the project’s Assets tab. See how to do this here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.