If you are willing to cover production expenses that occur over the course of the Project, you may select this option when you create the Posting. You may also edit your Posting later to allow for your freelancer to add expenses.
Any expenses that are to be added must be fully accounted for. Freelancers should keep all receipts and upload them to the "Assets" tab within the project page. Following this, the expenses should be itemized and clearly described when entering them into the "Expenses" tab of the project page.
All expenses that are approved when the publisher marks the project completed will be paid along with the price of the project itself.
The following are typically considered reimbursable “expenses”
- Production costs such as the purchase and/or rental of equipment, locations, expendables, and other materials necessary for the production
- Transportation costs such as mileage, gas, bridge and toll fees, parking, airplane tickets, luggage fees, and the like
- Food and drink acquired for the shoot as craft services or as individual crew meals
- The licensing of assets for post-production, including but not limited to: music, stock footage, and previously distributed or created works
The following are not considered reimbursable “expenses”, and should instead be added to a project’s base price.
- Subcontracted services for production support, whether on-set or off-set
(camera assistants, translators, assistant editors, fixers, etc. that were separately hired by the contracted Storyhunter freelancer)
- Additional costs of labor from an extended production timeline, or from altered deliverables that were not originally detailed in the assignment description
- Any performed labor or services rendered
Expenses are subject to a 3% fee.
Advances allow you to pay a freelancer while projects are still ongoing. Expedited payments, meanwhile, allow you to expedite the freelancers final project payout. Here are a few points of consideration around advances and expedited payments:
- They have an associated fee of 7.5%.
(Note: If your account is on pre-payment then there are no extra fees.
If your account is on credit card set up the fee is 2% to cover credit card charges. Get in touch with your account manager if you would like to discuss this.
Advances for Select projects are not charged a fee.)
- They are charged to you the same way as project payments.
- They are paid out to freelancers within ~3 business days.
- There is a limit to the available credit for advances/expedited payments.
- Once initiated, advances can not be reversed.
Availability of the features depends on your account. Contact your account manager if you should not see these options.
To learn more about issuing advances please read the dedicated Help article here.