If you are willing to cover production expenses that occur over the course of the Project, you may select this option when you create the Posting. You may also edit your Posting later to allow for your freelancer to add expenses.
Any expenses that are to be added must be fully accounted for. Freelancers should keep all receipts and upload them to the "Assets" tab within the project page. Following this, the expenses should be itemized and clearly described when entering them into the "Expenses" tab of the project page.
All expenses that are approved when the publisher marks the project completed will be paid along with the price of the project itself.
The following are typically considered reimbursable “expenses”
- Production costs such as the purchase and/or rental of equipment, locations, expendables, and other materials necessary for the production
- Transportation costs such as mileage, gas, bridge and toll fees, parking, airplane tickets, luggage fees, and the like
- Food and drink acquired for the shoot as craft services or as individual crew meals
- The licensing of assets for post-production, including but not limited to: music, stock footage, and previously distributed or created works
The following are not considered reimbursable “expenses”, and should instead be added to a project’s base price.
- Subcontracted services for production support, whether on-set or off-set
(camera assistants, translators, assistant editors, fixers, etc. that were separately hired by the contracted Storyhunter freelancer)
- Additional costs of labor from an extended production timeline, or from altered deliverables that were not originally detailed in the assignment description
- Any performed labor or services rendered
Expenses are subject to a 3% fee.
Depending on the scale of a project, the publisher and freelancer may agree to an advance. In this case, the details of the advance payment should be recorded in the project message thread. The buyer will need to submit a support request alerting the Storyhunter team to complete the request. The message should include these details:
- The freelancer’s name
- The project name and link
- The amount of the advance
- The date when the advance should be issued
Advances are subject to a 5% fee on top of the regular service fee.