The Storyhunter platform allows for smooth, swift, and streamlined payments on all projects.
Project Payment and Expenses
Payment for projects occurs via Payoneer to freelancers within 30 days after the project completion date. Therefore, before marking a project as complete it is important that all costs are accounted for. If there are extra days to be added for a "day rate" assignment, the freelancer should outline the number of days worked, the amount previously agreed for each day, and the publisher can then make the appropriate price change. The usual completion process then ensues.
Some publishers are willing to cover production expenses that occur over the course of the project. The publisher will have outlined whether this is a possibility or not within the posting description.
Any expenses that are to be added must be fully accounted for. Freelancers should keep all receipts and upload them to the "Assets" tab within the project page. Following this, the expenses should be itemized and clearly described when entering them into the "Expenses" tab of the project page.
All expenses that are approved when the publisher marks the project completed will be paid along with the price of the project itself.
The following are typically considered reimbursable “expenses”
- Production costs such as the purchase and/or rental of equipment, locations, expendables, and other materials necessary for the production
- Transportation costs such as mileage, gas, bridge and toll fees, parking, airplane tickets, luggage fees, and the like
- Food and drink acquired for the shoot as craft services or as individual crew meals
- The licensing of assets for post-production, including but not limited to: music, stock footage, and previously distributed or created works
The following are not considered reimbursable “expenses”, and should instead be added to a project’s base price.
- Subcontracted services for production support, whether on-set or off-set
(camera assistants, translators, assistant editors, fixers, etc. that were separately hired by the contracted Storyhunter freelancer)
- Additional costs of labor from an extended production timeline, or from altered deliverables that were not originally detailed in the posting description
- Any performed labor or services rendered
If the publisher has indicated that they are happy to cover your expenses, you can add these in the Project page.
NOTE: Expenses can only be added from the freelancers' end. This can only be done if the publisher has allowed for expenses to be added within the project page.
Head to the Project, and on the right of the page you will see the Edit Expenses button.
Next, add each expense as a new line item and insert the relevant price. If you need to remove an entry click the X symbol on the right of the specific entry.
Once done hit Update.
If you haven't done so already, now upload all your receipts in the Assets tab by hitting Add New Files.
You will be able to view the sum of your expenses + project price. This is what you can expect to be paid to your Payoneer account once the project is completed.
Once you have added all your expenses go ahead and hit Mark Complete at the top of the page to indicate to the publisher that the project is ready to be closed out.