The Storyhunter platform allows for smooth, swift, and streamlined payments on all projects.
Project Payment and Expenses
Payment for projects occurs via Payoneer to freelancers within 30 days after the project completion date. Therefore, before marking a project as complete it is important that all costs are accounted for. If there are extra days to be added for a "day rate" assignment, the freelancer should outline the number of days worked, the amount previously agreed for each day, and the publisher can then make the appropriate price change. The usual completion process then ensues.
Some publishers are willing to cover production expenses that occur over the course of the project. The publisher will have outlined whether this is a possibility or not within the posting description.
Any expenses that are to be added must be fully accounted for. Freelancers should keep all receipts and upload them to the "Assets" tab within the project page. Following this, the expenses should be itemized and clearly described when entering them into the "Expenses" tab of the project page.
All expenses that are approved when the publisher marks the project completed will be paid along with the price of the project itself.
The following are typically considered reimbursable “expenses”
- Production costs such as the purchase and/or rental of equipment, locations, expendables, and other materials necessary for the production
- Transportation costs such as mileage, gas, bridge and toll fees, parking, airplane tickets, luggage fees, and the like
- Food and drink acquired for the shoot as craft services or as individual crew meals
- The licensing of assets for post-production, including but not limited to: music, stock footage, and previously distributed or created works
The following are not considered reimbursable “expenses”, and should instead be added to a project’s base price.
- Subcontracted services for production support, whether on-set or off-set
(camera assistants, translators, assistant editors, fixers, etc. that were separately hired by the contracted Storyhunter freelancer)
- Additional costs of labor from an extended production timeline, or from altered deliverables that were not originally detailed in the posting description
- Any performed labor or services rendered
Depending on the scale of a project, the publisher and freelancer may agree to an advance. In this case, the details of the advance payment should be recorded in the project message thread. The buyer will need to submit a support request alerting the Storyhunter team to complete the request. The message should include these details:
- The freelancer’s name
- The project name and link
- The amount of the advance
- The date when the advance should be issued
Cancellation fees for projects that were annulled will be issued as per any other form of payment.