We're paying thousands of freelancers and production companies in over 180 countries and we have decided to use Payoneer as our global solution. Storyhunter issues payment within 30 days from the date of the publisher marking your project as complete.
- Please visit the Payment Setup page here for instructions on how to link your payment account
- You may sign in with an existing Payoneer account or create a new one
- When creating a new account you must select Bank Transfer or Pre-paid Card
Need to change your linked Payoneer account?
Head here for instructions to do so!
NOTE: Conversion or transfer fees may apply to your due amount. Please find more details on conversion fees below.
Should I choose Bank or Pre-paid Card Method?
ACH or Wire
- ACH Withdrawal to a U.S. bank account:
- If you withdraw directly to a U.S. bank account, you can choose this option
- Fees: No fee for U.S. accounts
- Wire to a U.S. bank account:
- Fees: $15 per wire + $3 load fee plus your bank’s processing and possible currency conversion fees
- Timeline: Similar to normal bank processing times, withdrawal from Payoneer to your bank may take between 3-5 business days.
- ACH Withdrawal to a non-U.S. bank account:
- If you withdraw to a non-U.S. bank account and elect to withdraw in your own currency, you can do so through Payoneer with lower transfer and conversion fees.
- Transfer & Conversion Fees: $3.00 fee per withdrawal to a non-US bank account. If your bank does not accept USD, a 2% currency conversion fee will apply to your withdrawal in addition to your bank's usual international fees. Please check with your bank to understand their rates.
- Please review the list of supported countries where bank transfer is available.
Storyhunter Pre-paid Debit Card
- Withdrawing to a pre-paid debit card:
- We offer a pre-paid Mastercard in order to offer more global coverage. We highly recommend choosing this option if you are in a location that is under-supported when it comes to international bank transfers and if you prefer to share less information.
- Fees: $10.00 activation fee.
- Estimated timeline: It typically takes up to 14 days, but may take 30 days for you to receive your Storyhunter pre-paid card, which are shipped from the EU. Withdrawing your earnings to card takes only minutes and can be used in ATMs.
Which countries are in the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Country Restrictions list?
Users with bank accounts in: Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea, Cuba, Sudan, South Sudan, and additionally, any other country restricted from doing business with the US. This list is subject to amendment.
Why does Payoneer ask for personal identification documents?
As a regulated US company and online service, Payoneer must comply with the rules and regulations imposed by the US government, MasterCard®, and our banks. In order to do so, Payoneer account holders may be required to submit specific documentation that will assist us in ensuring the safety and security of all transactions done via Payoneer.
Please note that we strictly comply with KYC, OFAC, AML, and the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and are also certified at a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Level 1 Data Security Standard. Payoneer's core obligations are to protect its clients' funds and prevent money laundering.
Why were my documents not accepted by Payoneer?
Payoneer is dedicated to offering high quality security to every one of our account holders. For this reason, we must be diligent about every document we review to ensure that everyone can use Payoneer safely.
Factors such as light glare, cropped edges, or low resolution can contribute to a valid document being unable to approve. This is especially true when it comes to scanned copies of official documents. Scans are often low resolution, and documents must be clear even when we zoom in for a closer look.
What type of documents might I be asked to provide?
Payoneer reserves the right to request a variety of different documents to satisfy our regulatory requirements. Depending on the situation, you may be asked to provide:
A government-issued photo ID (such as a National ID, Driver’s license, or passport)
A picture of yourself holding a government-issued photo ID and a piece of paper with
Rental agreement or lease
Bank Account verification documents (such as bank statements or voided checks) Company Verification
• Company Verification
Documents such as:
o Certificate of Incorporation
o Articles of Organization o Business License
o Certificate of Registration o Tax Document
W Tax Form Verification
• Any document that verifies your Social Security Number (SSN), such as:
o Social Security Card
o IRS authorization letter o Official IRS document
Why am I being asked to complete tax forms?
Storyhunter is a United States-based company. By law, all companies based in the US must comply with IRS (Internal Revenue Service) regulations. These regulations include collecting information regarding your tax status. Payoneer is requesting this information from you on behalf
of Storyhunter, so that they may remain in compliance with IRS regulations.
If you are unsure which type of W form you need to provide, you can access the Tax Wizard by accessing your online Payoneer Account and choosing "Tax Forms" in the "Activity" tab.
I don’t have a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). What do I do when filling out the W form on Payoneer?
If you do not have a Taxpayer Identification Number, you may leave that field blank when competing your W form.
How do I fill out Part II of the W8-BEN form?
You may leave all of Part II blank.
If I’m just getting set up with my payments system on Storyhunter, and have issues, what should I do?
Here are the 3 most common reasons a freelancers hasn’t received their payment:
- MOST COMMON: The freelancer hasn’t finished filling out the needed information with Payoneer or hasn’t provided accurate payment information. When logged into Payoneer, check the top banner for any listed missing documentation (ex. government issued photo ID). After registration, a payment will read “pending” if a tax form has not been submitted via Payoneer’s online portal. Here are instructions on how to fill out tax form.
- PAYONEER NOT SYNCED WITH STORYHUNTER: The Payoneer setup was done separately from the Storyhunter setup and there’s a technical communication issue between Payoneer and Storyhunter. Please log into Storyhunter Settings>Payment Information and click “setup” and then log into your existing Payoneer account. If the issue persists, email email@example.com.
PAYMENT TRANSFER ISSUE: There is an issue with payment to a specified country due to civil unrest or the local bank’s acceptance or recognition of the money our bank sent to it. These can be complex issues that we need to spend time to work with each party to ensure the money gets released. If the country in question is experiencing civil unrest or is on the list of sanctioned countries by the US Treasury, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative payment solution. We will investigate the best approach to send payment, or inform the freelancer if we are unable to issue payment, based on U.S. policy.
Get more information on general payment FAQ's here.