How Do I Create a Posting?
Tired of searching and filtering in “People” to find the best freelance professional for your needs? Creating a Posting will instantly match you within hours to freelance professionals in video production.
To get started, select +New Posting or in the top right of your global navigation.
Choose your desired Posting type:
- Select Story Ideas to post a call for pitches around a topic or theme of your choosing.
- Select Storyhunters to hire freelance commercial filmmakers, video editors, video journalists, documentary filmmakers, shooters, fixers, field producers, foreign correspondents, photojournalists, production companies, and more.
When creating your Posting, there is specific information you must provide in order for your posting to match you instantly with the best fit(s). Make sure you're providing thorough information about your posting to ensure the best freelancer professionals apply.
First, enter a clear and concise title while mentioning what you're looking for. For example:
- “Barcelona at Night: Looking for a Video Journalist”
- "[URGENT] Rushes from political rally in Des Moines"
- "B-roll and interview at Miami event needed [FOOTAGE ONLY]"
Then list the specific services you are looking for a seller to provide. You can learn more about each service here.
Lastly, select a location. Your posting can be Global, or available for a specific city, country, or region.
Next, determine who can apply:
- The Storyhunter Network: Any freelancers who meets your service, curation and location requirements (Recommended).
- My Company Network: Freelancers who you or your team has already connected with through the Storyhunter platform.
- Only Storyhunters I Invite: Only freelancers that you or your team saved who you specifically invite to apply
Then, set the application deadline.
Posting Description & Deliverables
Enter a description that gives freelancers the exact information they need to know about your posting. Be sure to check out the posting checklist for a list of everything you should include.
Clearly establish what the deliverables are, and when they are expected to be delivered.
Share some samples that you think are great examples of direction of the work you’d like to produce.
Budget & Curation
Enter the compensation range that freelancers can expect to be paid when applying to the posting.
Keep in mind that as a marketplace, it's up to you to you to decide how much to pay, and freelancers can always counter your offer. Rates can vary depending on location, services, deliverables and skill level. Our rate calculator can help you determine how your prices compare to the rates that our freelance community sets for themselves. Contact your Account Manager if you need guidance on current market rates.
You can also switch between rate type:
- Flat Rate: A rate covering the entire scope of the posting. This option is great if you have clearly defined scope.
- Day Rate: The rate per day a freelancer works on your posting. This option is best for crewing-up and breaking news projects.
Enter the estimated amount of days you will need to hire a freelancer for. This is non-binding, and is used to help freelancers calculate compensation, as well as establish project scope, and their availability.
Let the freelancers know whether you're willing to cover expenses.
Set the Curation level. Each freelancer goes through a vetting process before being approved for the platform.
Basic: Freelancers are good for breaking news and mobile live-streaming postings.
Standard: Regular contributors with a good handle of
Premium: These freelancers are capable of much more complex projects, including delivering fully edited videos. Keep in mind that the pool gets smaller as the curation level increases.
Pushing it Live
Once you're done, click Publish Posting - freelancers matching your criteria will be notified. You'll be emailed as applications come in.
Alternatively, you can save your posting by clicking Save Draft if you're not ready for it to go live quite yet.
You can find more tips about writing a great posting here.