Advances allow freelancers to receive payments while projects are still ongoing. Here are a few points of consideration around advances:
- There is no limit to how much of a project payment can be paid out as an advance.
- Both you and the client are able to initiate advances. Once an advance has been initiated, the client must review and accept before it is sent out.
- As with general payouts, any applicable service fees are subtracted at time of payout.
- If expedited, advances are paid out to you within ~3 business days. If not, advances will go out within 30 days.
Accepting an Advance
- You will be presented with the clients submitted advance, and can review your payout.
- After selecting 'Accept advance' the advance is confirmed and you will receive it in 30 days (or 3 business days if expedited).
Adjusting an Advance
- When reviewing your advance, you can request an adjustment.
- You have the option of adding expenses to the advance.
- The client will then have the ability to review and accept and you will receive payment within 30 days.
Requesting an Advance
- Click the three dots beside the action bar on your project page and click “Request advance."
- Input the description and total of the advance. You will see a breakdown of how much you will receive after the freelancer service fee is taken out.
- You can also select to advance expenses.
- Hit “Request advance” and a notice will be sent to the client, who will be able to approve or adjust the advance request. You will get notified accordingly.
- Once approved, you can track your advance payment under the “Payment” tab of the project page.